In support of our commitment to developing excellence in public relations and on popular demand by professionals, the industry body is now opening the gates to individuals for membership as Associate Members. As an associate member you will have access to a wide variety of free services, benefits and privileges, both for professional as well as personal development. Are you eligible? Membership is open to anyone working in public relations with a minimum of two years of experience in the industry and minimum educational qualification of graduation.
- Decide which grade of membership you would like to apply for. If your organization/ company will support this membership then you need to apply for the Corporate sponsored membership on an annual basis, failing which you can still register as an individual professional.
- Complete the application form.
- Along with the application form we need you to attach an updated personal and professional profile (CV), which should include full detail of your professional qualifications and experience in PR over and above the other details that you will provide. Please make sure you cover:
- a. Key tasks and areas of responsibility
- b. Date of employment in current job
- c. Regional /geographical area of responsibility.
- Get the form signed by your sponsors, if need be.
- Dispatch your original membership form to the Secretary General PRCAI at the address below.
Please ensure that you attach the membership fee payable for the year in full. The cheque or demand draft should be in favor of ‘PRCAI’. Contact: Ms. Jayoti Lahiri Secretary General Public Relations Consultants Association of India D 1003 Wembley Premium Towers, Rosewood City, Gurgaon Sohna Road, Sector-49 Gurgaon 122 009, Haryana, India. Phone: (0124) 4290174 Mobile: + 91 9810502575 E Mail: email@example.com
In support of our commitment to developing excellence in public relations and on popular demand by professionals, the industry body is now opening the gates to individuals for membership as Associate Members. As a member you will have access to a wide variety of free services, benefits and privileges, both for professional as well as personal development.
Are you eligible?
Membership is open to anyone working in public relations with a minimum of two years of experience and minimum educational qualification of graduation.
10 reasons why you should join the PRCAI
|To be in touch with the latest in the industry via our web site and email newsletter|
|For your career development|
|For networking opportunities|
|Privileged access to information about the industry on surveys and research|
|Best practice guides|
|Privileged rates for seminars and workshops organised by PRCAI|
|Have a say in policy development for the industry|
|Avail special discounted rates by our recognized service providers including insurance and healthcare|
|Advice on selecting a PR firm or service|
|Get recognized at our annual event for your contribution to the industry by entering for the annual communication awards w.e.f 2004|
The annual membership fee for Associate members,
- if sponsored by their company/firm – Rs.10,000
- if they are not sponsored by their company/ ffirm – Rs.5000
All the members of PRCAI agree to the following:
- To maintain the highest standards of professional endeavour, integrity, confidentiality including financial propriety and personal conduct.
- Deal honestly and fairly in business with employers, employees, clients, fellow professionals and other professions and the public.
- To value the customs, practices and codes of clients employers, colleagues, fellow professionals, other professionals all over India.
- To take all reasonable care for best employment practice giving no space for complaint of unfair discrimination on any grounds
- To be in the legal and regulatory frame works affecting the practise of public relations all over India.
- Encourage professional training and development among members of the profession.
- To respect and abide by this code and related notes of guidance issued by PRCAI and encourage others to do the same.
Principles Of Good Practice
- Honest and responsible regard for the public interest.
- Checking the reliability and accuracy of information before dissemination.
- Never mislead the clients, employers, employees, colleagues and fellow professionals about the nature of representation or what can be competently delivered and achieved.
- Being aware of the limitations of professional competence: without limiting realistic scope for development, being while to accept or delegate only at work, for which practising is done by skilled and experienced professionals.
- Where appropriate, collaborating on projects to ensure the necessary skill base.
- Transparency and conflicts of interest, (Circumstances which may give raise to them) in writing to clients, potential clients and employers as soon as they arise
- Ensuring that services provided are costed and accounted in for a manner, which confirms to accepted business practice and ethics.
- Safe guard the confidences of present and former clients and employers
- Being careful to avoid using confidential and ‘insider’ information to the disadvantage or prejudice of clients and employers, or to self-advantage of any kind.
- Not disclosing confidential information unless specific permission has been granted or the Public interest is at stake or if required by law.
Maintaining Professional Standards
- PRCAI members are encouraged to spread awareness and pride in the public relations profession where practicable such as:
- Identifying and closing professional skills gaps through Professional development programme
- Offering work experience to students interested in pursuing a career in Public Relations.
- Participating in the work for the institute through the committee structure, special interest and vocational groups training and networking events.
- Encouraging employees and colleagues to join and support the PRCAI
- Sharing Information on good practice with members and equally referring perceived examples of poor practice to the association.
- Ajay Davessar (Ajay.Davessar@hcl.com)
- Amith Prabhu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Anup Sharma (email@example.com)
- Aseem Sood
- Balaji Krishnaswami
- Chhavi Leekha (Chhavi.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Madhulika Gupta
- Pranav Thakkar ( email@example.com)
- Ranjan Bakshi
- Ravi Muthreja
- Rachana Panda
- Rohit Dubey (Rohit.Dubey@ril.com)
- Sandesh Advani