Date(s) - 08/11/2002
The Fourth Friday Buzz, held on November 8, 2002
The discussion topic for the fourth Friday Buzz held on November 8, 2002 was “Understand and Express Brands Internally and Externally”. The guest speaker was Vahid Mehrinfar, a branding and communication expert.
Highlights of the Presentation
What is Brands?
• It’s the Knowledge for performance
|The Knowledge that brings market savvy|
|Knowledge based on understanding|
• Branding is all about engineering perceptions and designing the culture gene
• Its about building relationships
• Imaging is about creating relevance and difference with the objective to reach, touch and win.
• Imaging is all about winning
• Primary challenge in branding is making it viable
• Communication is all about
|Measurement is about manageability and|
|Manageability is all about recall|
• Viability through communication is branding
• Recall + likeability = branding
• Brands are earned interactive ego and all about brand values
• Some real examples of brand values are
|Virgin – where the brand value s entertainment|
|Nike – where the value is challenge|
• Bench Trending, as opposed to bench marking is futuristic and should be able to tell a story.
• The key is in finding the ‘Brand Lens’ which is, project intent, future position and the strategy
• Brand lens is used for identification of positioning, its about “Fuzzy logic”
• Fuzzy Logic – scattered brand position with variating interpretations.