Dear PRCAI Members
As COVID-19 continues to spread across the country and dominates our lives, we share our concerns on its impact on business and day-to-day functioning. While India has remained relatively stable, we are proposing steps that you can take for the health, safety and wellbeing of your staff, clients and the broader community.
- Remote working for all staff
- Advice clients/media against face to face meetings
- Freeze on International travel
- Highly restricted domestic travel
- Ensuring quarantine of staff who have travelled abroad on personal trips and those who show symptoms
I’m sure most of you are already doing this. At this point we have no information of any known transmission risk in any of our member offices, however, it is necessary for us to move to this way of working as a preventive measure and to ensure that we are safeguarding our health, reducing the risk of transmission within and outside our organisation, and for us to contribute to the broader effort to halt / slow the transmission of COVID-19.
This remains a challenging time for all of us. And we believe a lot has yet to unfold. However, it is crucial for us to not create panic and as communicators also be vary of sharing any fake news/speculative information across any social media/internal communication platforms. Advise our media friends of the same.
I also want to reinforce the availability and scope of our international network during this global pandemic. Please do use us, and each other, as a vehicle for information and ideas sharing.
The latest ICCO Newsletter is here with information on:
- Coronavirus crisis best practice webinar
- Recent surveys conducted by the industry (PRCA, IPR)
- Call for Global Taskforce volunteers
- Tips on how agencies around the world are responding (PRovoke, IOIC)
PRCAI is available for all members firms to bring in any issues and to reach out to authorities if required. We are also contemplating running an online campaign extolling people to stay home and practice social distancing.
If there is something you have created or that you are aware of that could be of use to other members, please do share and we will regularly circulate these resources.
Take care, stay safe.